Friday, June 12, 2015

Violin on Mark Hollis or Talk Talk MUSIC, Morally Correct? Ramblings...


I think that I just wanted to honor the Music and the people that I love.
Music is meant to be played, and as of genius it can be, it is not supposed to remain locked under glass like a master piece in a famous museum and being forgotten there...
I wanted to see or rather hear how it would resonate live on my boulevard in Los Angeles, even though it is not a Los Angeles Music.
But when we know how much work and thoughts Mark Hollis and Tim Friese-Greene did put on the Laughing Stock album, we can start wondering if adding a violin or any other instrument on the top of that is such a good idea and morally correct...?
I was rambling yesterday night, and today, it was my violinist David Strother who started rambling by email as well.
What are we supposed to do?
Still now, we don't know, I am not even sure that something of Talk Talk or Mark Hollis will be played tomorrow. I want to be correct, but it makes me feel very sad too... 
I just wanted to know how it was like to hear this music for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment